Crunchy Munchy Chicken Bites
Like most kids of her age, my daughter also loves to eat in McD or Chick-fil-A. But I love to make my kid's favourite food at home, which I feel is always a more healthier option. And seeing your kid appreciate the food and finishing off the plate without complaining is a reward indeed. Today I made some chicken bites for her. It is a very easy and a kid friendly snack.
The things you need to make the bites are:
- Chicken breast (cut into 1 inch cubes): 400 gm
- White onion (grated): 1 tbsp
- Garlic (grated): 1-2 cloves
- Corriander leaved (finely chopped): 1 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce: 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder: 1/4 tsp
- Egg (beaten): Half
- Panko breadcrumbs: 1/2 cup
How to make the bites:
1. Wash the chicken and pat dry it with a kitchen towel. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
2. Mix grated onion, grated garlic, chopped corriander leaves, worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper and egg together, and marinate the chicken for 1hr. in the refrigerator in a closed container.
3. In a plate or a baking sheet spread panko breadcrumbs. Take the marinated chicken pieces and shook off the excess marination. Coat the chicken pieces with panko breadcrumbs.
Panko is a type of breadcrumb used in Japanese cuisine. This is more coarse, flaky and larger than normal breadcrumb.I like using it is, as it gives a nice crunchier and crispier coating than normal breadcrumbs.
If you do not have panko at home, do not worry just go on with regular breadcrumb. But once you try this Japanese version of breadcrumb, I am sure you will use it everytime...:)
4. Now fry the chicken bites to golden brown and serve with tomato ketchup.
Your little one will love them for sure.