It was a week before Valentine's day, my little one announced 'Ma, this year I want you to be my Valentine'. But everything comes with a price tag, even being the valentine of a 5 year old too. The announcement ended with a little request 'Can you please make some strawberry cupcakes for me?' Now, the overjoyed mom was quite worried about where to get strawberries in this winter. Then again living in Texas has it's own advantages, we get strawberries in winter, and that too the sweetest and juiciest lot.
As I was making strawberry cupcakes I wanted to give the flavor and extra bit of strawberries in those cupcakes. For that, I used pieces of strawberries and the juice of strawberry to flavor the cake. I did a little icing on the cupcakes. I used store bought vanilla flavored butter-cream icing. You can either make the icing at home or just eat them like that, it tasted equally good.
Things needed to make Strawberry Cupcake:(This will make 12 cupcakes)
- Unsalted Butter: 1 stick(110-115 gm)
- Granulated Sugar: 1 cup
- Eggs: 3
- Flour: 1 and 1/2 cup
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Baking powder: 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract: 1/2 tsp
- Strawberry: 4-5
Steps of making Strawberry Cupcake:
1. Cut the strawberries into small cubes and drizzle with sugar(1-2 tbsp, depending on the sweetness of the strawberries), mix well. Cover and keep aside.
2. Beat the butter till creamy. Add the sugar and mix well. Add an egg at a time and mix well. Add vanilla extract.
3. Separate the chunks of strawberries and the juice. Add the juice to the butter mixture.
5. Pre-heat oven to 375F.
6. Line the tray with cupcake liner and pour the batter 3/4th of the liner. Add the strawberry pieces in to the individual cupcakes. Bake the cake on the pre-heated oven for 20 min on the middle rack.
7. Take out the cupcakes from the tray and let them cool on a cooling rack. Decorate as per your choice.
Though a little late, wishing you all a very happy Valentine's day...:)
If you like to get regular updates from me go to my Facebook page and click on the Like button. You can also follow my blog on NetworkBlogs. Thank you..!!!